Version 1.1, May 4, 2018
About This Policy
This policy sets out how Ocelot Studio Pty Ltd (“Ocelot”) collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
What Personal Information Is Collected
Ocelot collects personal information that it considers necessary to provide its range of services.
Personal information collected by Ocelot may include:
- Your name or pseudonym
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- Services provided to you
- Records of communications with Ocelot
How Is Personal Information Collected
Ocelot collects personal information from you when you:
- Visit one of our websites
- Create an account on one of our websites
- Post a comment on one of our websites
- Opt-in to receive an email newsletter on one of our websites
- Send us an email
- Communicate with us using social media
How Is Personal Information Used
By providing your personal information, you agree that it may be used for the following purposes:
- To research, develop and improve Ocelot services and business operations and processes
- To conduct surveys to determine your satisfaction
- To promote Ocelot services, capabilities and therapeutic areas of interest
- For business related activities, such as audits, accreditations, training and to comply with Ocelot legal obligations
With Whom is Your Personal Information Shared
Ocelot sometimes shares personal information with the following individuals and organisations:
- With third parties who work with Ocelot to provide advertising services including advertisers, advertising agencies and service providers that facilitate, automate, and enables the buying and selling of advertising inventory (“Advertising Partners”).
- Ocelot staff and related bodies corporate.
- Outsourced service providers who assist Ocelot to provide services and are required to comply with this policy and relevant laws including:
- information technology providers; and
- professional advisers.
- Organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Ocelot assets, business or shares.
- Government and regulatory authorities as required by law.
Ocelot will not share your personal information stored physically with anyone outside Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent.
Personal information may be:
- shared in electronic form with clients and Service Providers outside Australia; and
- be stored in electronic form on servers located outside Australia.
Our Advertising Partners:
- District M
- Google (How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services)
- Index Exchange
- Rubicon Project
Personal information including your IP address and cookies may be shared with these partners when you visit our sites, in order to show you more relevant advertising, based on other sites you have visited.
If we determine you are visiting our sites from Europe, we do not share personal information with these partners.
We use Cloudflare‘s IP geolocation functionality to determine the country you are located in. Use of a VPN may interfere with our ability to correctly determine your location.
Our Analytics Partners:
We have configured Google Analytics to anonymize IP addresses, and to only retain user and event data for 14 months, which is the lowest available setting.
For more information about Google Analytics anonymizes IP addresses, please visit this page.
If you would like to prevent Google Analytics from recording data about the websites you visit, you may wish to evaluate the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How Is Your Personal Information Stored and Protected
Your personal information may be stored in physical and electronic form. Ocelot uses its best endeavors to ensure personal information is stored securely by Ocelot or its outsourced services providers and protected from unauthorised access.
Some of the ways Ocelot does this include:
- Requiring our staff and outsourced service providers to maintain confidentiality.
- Implementing physical and electronic document storage security including security measures for access to Ocelot computer systems.
How to Access Your Personal Information
You generally have a right to access and correct your personal information. If you wish to access your personal information or believe any information is incorrect or requires updating, please click on the “contact us” link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help Ocelot to find the information.
What If You Don’t Provide Personal Information
Please be aware that if you choose not to provide personal information, you may not be able to create an account, post a comment, or otherwise engage with our websites.
Use of Data Tools
Ocelot may utilise tags, pixels, cookies, or other similar technology (“Data Tools”) to collect non-identifying information on website traffic and visits. When you visit Ocelot website, anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system are recorded. Data Tools may be used to help Ocelot provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, measure and analyze usage of its services and for security.
Data Tools may also collect and store your personal information. This policy applies to personal information collected via Data Tools. You may be able to adjust your Internet browser to disable Data Tools. If Data Tools are disabled, Ocelot may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
What If There is a Problem or You Want to Update Your Information
If you have a problem, complaint, want to correct or change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact Ocelot on:
- Email: email@example.com
This Policy May Change
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published to our website.